Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Slicethepie - Get paid to listen to and rate new music!

Slicethepie is a site based in the UK that makes everyone a record label. Sounds weird? Maybe new? That's the whole idea! :)

The first thing you do when you sign up with Slicethepie is name your record label. It can be anything, doesn't matter. Then you go 'scouting'! This is where you earn money.
Slicethepie pays you more the better you get at reviewing. So, for instance when you begin you are at a 1 star rating (out of 5) and receive £0.03. The rate steadily increases up to £0.25 PER SONG. While this may take a while to reach a 5 star rating, it certainly is worth the effort put into it if you figure that in USD that's $.50 / song!

I've made just over a $1 (USD) so far. Not a lot, but I'm still at a 1 star rating since I've only done around 25 songs in my spare time.Not only do you earn money though, but you get to listen to all this incredibly interesting new music! Some of it is...well...sub-par. But that's to be expected from a site where anyone can sign up as a band. I have to say I really like some of the music I've heard on there, even some rap which I'm really not a huge fan of.

All I can say is sign up and earn some money. You'll enjoy it and it's easy to earn even if it does start out slow. ;)

Visit Slicethepie!

No comments: